Child & Adolescent
Please note : less than 10 places available
Schema Therapy for Children & Adolecents (ST- CA) is a specialist adaptation of Schema Therapy designed to assist children, adolescents and their families. ST-CA model approaches schemas and modes from a perspective of developmental stages, with specific guidance and creative ideas for engaging young people in each age group Integrates the child's environment, involving parents and other carers in children's schema therapy by exploring their own behavioral patterns and schema mode
The training presents a wide range of innovative child- and parent-specific techniques, with detailed guidance on how to apply them across developmental stages from childhood to young adults.
The training will be held live via zoom on
Wednesday 3 May 2023: 4 pm- 9.30pm AEST (Syd/ Melb), 2- 7.30pm (Perth/ Singapore/ HK)
Thursday 4th May 2023 4 pm- 9.30pm AEST (Syd/ Melb),2- 7.30pm (Perth/ Singapore/ HK
Wednesday 17th May 2023 4 pm- 9.30pm AEST (Syd/ Melb),2- 7.30pm (Perth/ Singapore/ HK
Thursday 18 May 2023 4 pm- 9.30pm AEST (Syd/ Melb),2- 7.30pm (Perth/ Singapore/ HK
The level 1 training will cover
- the conceptual model and underlying theory specific to schema therapy for children and adolescents.
- diagnostic techniques specific to children and adolescent cases (e.g., projective methods).
- the therapy relationship in working with children and adolescents and parents. (e.g., the concept of “limited reparenting” and “empathic confrontation”)
- the effect of child temperament and personality factors in childhood and adolescence.
- Working on a positive and open relationship via limited reparenitng
- Resources, strengths, achievements
- Positive Schemas
- Emotional needs
- Schemas and Coping strategies
- Imagery Parent Interview
- Creating a Mode Sketch
- Conducting a Mode Interview
- Working with (stem) stories
- Working with finger and hand puppets
- Working with chair dialogues (3-Chair dialogue: “Mode driving license”)
- Working with mode cards (Mode walk: Feel, Talk, & Walk)
- Working with chair dialogues (2-Chair dialogue: Focus Critic/Punisher)
- Imagery (Fantasy Trip to the Clever & Wise Mode)
The training will also feature practical demonstrations through picture and video material or live demonstrations and supervised skills practice.
The training is live and can be used for accreditation in Schema Therapy for Children and Adolescents (ST-CA). The training is the initial workshops (of 2). The training is the coursework component of accreditation (supervision and tape rating are seperate). Accreditation is limited to psychologists, social workers and psychiatrists.
For more information regarding accreditation requirements
Places are limited to 20 people
Discount Bundle Option: Buy Level 1 + Level 2 together: If you would like to purchase both Level 1 and Level 2 you can do so at a discounted rate here:
Child and Adolescent Schema Therapy Full Certification Course | Schema (schematherapytrainingonline.com)